Sunday, December 19, 2004

Folks Don't Get It: African-American voter disenfranchisement in the 2004 election

From Washinton Indymedia:(racism, alive and well in America)

Y'all just don't get it. Let me tell you why, the way I would tell you if you were sitting in my livingroom chatting with me (in other words, excuse the vernacular, in advance).

I have noticed something. Since the election all the threads which have raised the issue of Black disenfranchisement -- whether in the context of Ohio this year, Florida in 2000, or generally -- as a form of electoral fraud have ended up devolving into ignorance and/or dying as threads. Specifically, whenever this issue comes up, whether in a diary of its own or in connection with someone else's Onio thread, there appear to be three primary reactions:

More

eXTReMe Tracker