Monday, December 20, 2004

Ohio: "I think the exit polls are the smoking gun"

He's says things are going smoothly, then he says this.

"I think the exit polls are the smoking gun," he said. "I don't know how it was done. But statistically they couldn't have been that far off."

Whiddon, now a church treasurer in Pennsylvania, is the Green Party's Southeast Ohio Regional Coordinator for the presidential recount.

"The Diebold systems are terrifying," he said, and leave Ohio wide open for statewide fraud. "It is clear, it is absolutely clear and technically possible, that if you have the intent, if you have the money, if you have the technical expertise, and if you have the time, these systems can be hacked."

Though that does not guarantee fraud, he said, it does mean leave a door open for fraud.

"If I were a citizen of Ohio, I would be demonstrating in the streets," Whiddon said.


More

eXTReMe Tracker